Showing 1–12 of 29 results
Alaska Pollock (Theragra chalcogramma) is mostly fished in the eastern Bering Sea. Alaska Pollock is one of the world’s most important fish species in terms of the total catch.
It is commonly used to make surimi and seafood substitutes, and it’s the star ingredient in some Korean dishes.
Nutritionally, as a white fish, it is characterized by:
- A good source of nutrients and vitamins.
- Contains folic acid and minerals, phosphorus, iodine, potassium, and magnesium.
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Low in cholesterol.
Alaska Pollock has a mild taste, white color, a good source of nutrients, and low oil content.
Vima Alaska Pollock fillets are clean, skinless, boneless, and high quality perfect for breading, battering, baking, and sautéing. It is characterized by having a fine texture and tender meat and a soft and delicate taste.
A versatile fish and a great option to include in your menus as a healthy and low-calorie ingredient.
- 2lb bag
- Bulk pack, 22lb/10kg box
Atlantic cod, (Gadus morhua) is fished in the North Atlantic, specifically in North America, southern Greenland, Ireland, and the European coast.
Atlantic cod, is a white fish that stands out for:
- Rich in proteins and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Vitamins B1, B2, B6 y B9, D, E, and A.
- A large amount of Magnesium.
- Low-fat content.
- Outstanding presence of potassium and phosphorus.
Besides being an excellent low-calorie source of protein cod contains a variety of important nutrients and has also been shown to be useful in a number of different health conditions and versatile to prepare.
Vima selects only the premium fish for our cod fillets and cod loins, with its mild, slightly sweet flavor and creamy texture.
Atlantic cod is a mild-tasting fish that flakes easily when cooked making it a delicious and healthy choice.
- 2 skinless loins IVP in case 300 g, Box 6 kg / 13.2 LB
- IVP, 10kg/22lb box
- IWP, 7kg/15.4lb box
- Bulk pack, 10kg/22lb box
Atlantic Halibut, (Hippoglossus hippoglossus), is a flatfish of the family Pleuronectidae. A huge fish living on or near the sea’s sandy bottom habitually lies on its body’s left side with both eyes on the right side of its head.
Atlantic Halibut is a white fish low in calories and saturated fats:
- One of the finest sources of essential fatty acids.
- Has lean white meat.
- Naturally rich source of minerals including iodine, calcium, zinc, potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium.
Vima Atlantic Halibut is mainly presented in fillets, completely clean, skinless and boneless. It is a lean, mild, delicate, and sweet meaty fish. The texture is firm and flaky. Fillet sizes range between 300 and 500 grams.
- Filete, IQF, granel/bulk pack, caja 6kg/13.22lb
Atlantic Pomfret (Brama brama) is found in the Atlantic, Indian, and South Pacific Ocean.
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Moderate in fat content and provide Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorous, and Potassium.
- Rich in vitamins B12 and B3 and also in vitamin D.
Vima presents Atlantic Pomfret in fillets.
The fat content is moderate, which contributes to the mild, succulent tasting flesh. The taste is almost sweet. It can be baked, broiled, grilled, or panfried.
- Skinless fillets, IVP, 10kg/22lb carton
Barramundi (Lates calcarifer) frequently referred to as Asian sea bass, native to Southeast Asia, and Northeast Australia. Barramundi spawn in the sea and often enter rivers before returning to the sea to spawn. It has successfully developed in aquaculture.
Interestingly, virtually all barramundi begin life as males and change to females later in life between six and eight years of age.
It is a very nutritious fish, ideal for a healthy and balanced diet.
Among its qualities:
- Low in calories and fats.
- High in lean protein.
- Packed with Omega-3 fatty acids known to promote both brain and cardiovascular health but also low in Omega-6, which is something you want to consume in moderation.
Vima barramundi is highly valued for its delicious taste, smooth and its buttery and succulent texture.
Chefs and restaurateurs are increasingly attracted to barramundi for its dense white meat, which offers excellent quality and possesses a sweet and delicate flavor.
Mainly presented in fillets, skin-on, and vacuum-packed, perfectly classified, sizes ranging from 200 to 800 grams.
- bulk pack
- 10kg/22lb box
Black Marlin, (Makaira Indica) is a highly migratory, large fish, that is found throughout the world’s tropical and temperate seas. The sleek streamline fish has a distinctive sword on its head.
It’s one of the fastest fish species.
Black Marlin is a bluefish and nutritionally stands out for:
- Provides vitamins A, B3, B6, B9 and B12, and vitamin D.
- Loaded with minerals such as iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, sodium, and selenium.
- It contains Omega-3 fatty acids.
Vima offers Black Marlin in large loins of 2-5kg, vacuum-packed, cleaned, and sliced, always preserving its qualities and natural properties.
The gray-white flesh is firm in texture and moderate in fat content. The versatile fish is typically steaked and excellent grilled, broiled, baked, or poached.
- 2-5kg, IVP, 25kg/55lb box
- bulk pack, 6kg/13lb box
Corvina is a saltwater fish of the family Sciaenidae. Native to the temperate coastal waters of the southeastern Pacific Ocean. Its body is silvery overall with small scales. The meat is firm and delicate and has an excellent sweet taste.
- An excellent source of lean protein.
- Rich in Vitamin B12.
- High in Omega-3 fatty acids.
Vima presents the Corvina headless, tail off, and ranging in weight from 800g to 3kg.
Commercial demand for Corvina has increased significantly due to its reputation as a good quality high-value fish with flavor that resembles a grouper or snapper.
Corvina supports many types of preparation; it can be grilled, baked, fried, used in sushi, and, above all, it is widely used in ceviches.
- Gutted, Block, box 20kg / 44lb approx.
Dover Sole is a species of flatfish in the family (Soleidae), specifically (Solea solea). It lives on sandy and muddy seabeds of the northern Atlantic Ocean and also in the Mediterranean Sea.
It is a very expensive flatfish with very firm white meat, sweet flesh that is very white when cooked.
This strong-flavored fish is
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
- A good source of protein.
- Low in calories.
Vima presents its Dover Sole in various presentations according to customer needs.
This very versatile fish is prepared in multiple ways. You can enjoy it steamed, baked, broiled, sautéed.
- Whole gutted, 300-400 gr, IVP, 6kg/13lb approx. box
- Whole gutted, 800 gr up, IVP, 10kg/22lb approx. box
European Sea Bass
European Sea Bass, (Dicentrarchus labrax), is native to Europe’s western and southern waters and Africa’s northern coast.
It is one type of fish to be farmed commercially in Europe, especially in the Mediterranean.
European Sea Bass is:
- Rich in vitamins of group B (B1, B2, B3, and B12).
- Packed with proteins.
- High in Omega-3 fatty acids.
- It has minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, zinc, and sodium.
It is a very popular fish in Europe.
Vima European Sea Bass is presented whole, gutted and vacuum-packed, to preserve its top-quality meat and classified in different sizes, ranging from 300 to 400 grams a piece to over a kilo.
European Sea Bass meat is pinkish when raw and cooks opaque white. The finely textured, flaky meat is lean, with a sweet and mild flavor.
There are various ways of cooking it; it bakes well but roasting it is optimal, whether in the oven or on the grill.
- Whole European Sea Bass, IVP, bulk pack, 10kg/22lb box
The Gilt-head Seabream (Sparus aurata) called “Dorada” in Spain can be found in the Mediterranean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean’s eastern coastal regions.
Typically found in shallow waters and feeds mainly on shellfish and other small fish.
Gilt-head Seabream has become an important aquaculture species, particularly in the Mediterranean area.
Low in saturated fats, it’s a healthy and delicious seafood choice:
- A rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- High content in vitamins A, E, and group B vitamins.
- Minerals such as calcium, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, and zinc.
Vima presents the Gilt-head Seabream whole, with scales in order to maintain its flavor and juiciness.
It has white, flaky flesh, silver scales, firm texture, and medium sweet flavor, and makes a rich, meaty dish. Prized in the Mediterranean cuisine and highly regarded by European chefs.
- Whole, gutted, bulk pack, 7kg/15.43lb box
Horse Mackerel (Trachurus Murphyi), can be found in the South Pacific and Southwestern Atlantic, especially off Peru and Chile.
The meat is firm, and thanks to a high-fat content, well-flavored:
- An excellent source of vitamins A, D, and B12.
- High content of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Rich in proteins.
- It contains minerals such as iron, magnesium, iodine, and potassium.
It is a well-known fish because delicious recipes and typical dishes are prepared in many cities, especially in Spain.
The Horse Mackerel, a bluefish, is widely consumed for its smooth and exquisite flavor. Vima presents it whole, and head-off gutted and tail-off.
They are perfect for all kinds of preparations, baked, grilled, stewed or pickled with the firm and very tasty meat.
The meat’s firmness allows us to prepare it raw, as in the preparation of Sashimi, or slightly marinated, as in a Ceviche.
- Whole Horse Mackerel, 20kg/44lb box
Kingfish or King Mackerel (Scomberomorus cavalla) is iron-grey on the back and silvery on their sides and belly. They grow very fast and can grow up to 100 pounds and live for over 20 years.
Primarily found in the Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean, and the Gulf of Mexico, but they are highly migratory.
- Low in saturated fat.
- Good source of vitamin A.
- An excellent source of protein, vitamin B12, Selenium, and Phosphorous.
Vima offers Kingfish whole, in loins, in steaks or portions.
- IQF, bulk pack, 25kg/55lb box
- IQF, bulk pack, 10kg/22lb box
- IVP, 2lb bag, 22lb box
- IVP, 10lk/22lb box