Showing all 7 results
Atlantic cod, (Gadus morhua) is fished in the North Atlantic, specifically in North America, southern Greenland, Ireland, and the European coast.
Atlantic cod, is a white fish that stands out for:
- Rich in proteins and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Vitamins B1, B2, B6 y B9, D, E, and A.
- A large amount of Magnesium.
- Low-fat content.
- Outstanding presence of potassium and phosphorus.
Besides being an excellent low-calorie source of protein cod contains a variety of important nutrients and has also been shown to be useful in a number of different health conditions and versatile to prepare.
Vima selects only the premium fish for our cod fillets and cod loins, with its mild, slightly sweet flavor and creamy texture.
Atlantic cod is a mild-tasting fish that flakes easily when cooked making it a delicious and healthy choice.
- 2 skinless loins IVP in case 300 g, Box 6 kg / 13.2 LB
- IVP, 10kg/22lb box
- IWP, 7kg/15.4lb box
- Bulk pack, 10kg/22lb box
Dover Sole is a species of flatfish in the family (Soleidae), specifically (Solea solea). It lives on sandy and muddy seabeds of the northern Atlantic Ocean and also in the Mediterranean Sea.
It is a very expensive flatfish with very firm white meat, sweet flesh that is very white when cooked.
This strong-flavored fish is
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
- A good source of protein.
- Low in calories.
Vima presents its Dover Sole in various presentations according to customer needs.
This very versatile fish is prepared in multiple ways. You can enjoy it steamed, baked, broiled, sautéed.
- Whole gutted, 300-400 gr, IVP, 6kg/13lb approx. box
- Whole gutted, 800 gr up, IVP, 10kg/22lb approx. box
The Gilt-head Seabream (Sparus aurata) called “Dorada” in Spain can be found in the Mediterranean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean’s eastern coastal regions.
Typically found in shallow waters and feeds mainly on shellfish and other small fish.
Gilt-head Seabream has become an important aquaculture species, particularly in the Mediterranean area.
Low in saturated fats, it’s a healthy and delicious seafood choice:
- A rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- High content in vitamins A, E, and group B vitamins.
- Minerals such as calcium, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, and zinc.
Vima presents the Gilt-head Seabream whole, with scales in order to maintain its flavor and juiciness.
It has white, flaky flesh, silver scales, firm texture, and medium sweet flavor, and makes a rich, meaty dish. Prized in the Mediterranean cuisine and highly regarded by European chefs.
- Whole, gutted, bulk pack, 7kg/15.43lb box
Norwegian Atlantic Salmon
The Salmon is a bluefish, hatching in rivers and move out to sea as they grow and mature after which the adult fish move upstream again to spawn.
Mainly fished in the cold waters of the northern hemisphere, and is noticeably developed in captivity in open waters.
Norway and Chile are the main developers, their cold and clean waters find unbeatable conditions for their development.
Salmon is also very versatile. Pink-colored, compact, juicy, very tasty, and aromatic.
Salmon is one of the most nutritious foods:
- High content in proteins and Omega-3 fatty acids, which help lower cholesterol and triglyceride level in our organism.
- Rich in Vitamins A, D, B12, and riboflavin and antioxidants, which may reduce the risk of heart disease.
Atlantic Salmon is the only salmon species whose natural home is in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean, as all other natural salmon species are native to the Pacific Ocean.
The main species we work with at Vima due to their high quality and flavor are:
- Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) mainly from Norway and Chile, presented in fillets, skin-on, and vacuum-packed.
- Chum salmon (Oncorhynchus keta) from the cold and wild waters of Alaska, which has a compact meat and intense flavor, presented in fillets, skin-on, and vacuum-packed.
Both are very versatile and support many and varied presentations. We carry the Atlantic Salmon whole, fillets, steaks, loins, and portions.
- 2 servings with skin IVP in case 300 g, Box 7.2 kg / 15.8 LB
Salmon roe is a reddish transparent egg mass found inside the bellies of female salmon. It has a shiny appearance and is firm in texture and contains lots of protein, vitamins, and essential Omega-3 fatty acids.
It’s a mix of sweet and salty flavor, and the inside of the eggs is juicy. Salmon roe is very delicate, and the harvesting process is sometimes done manually.
Fantastic for sushi plates and appetizers.
Vima Salmon Roe is delicious and flavourful and extremely nutritious, presented in a glass jar.
- 1.75 OZ / 50g
Smoked salmon is considered one of the most nutritious foods as it is loaded with nutrients and is very tasty, extremely versatile, and readily available.
Smoked salmon can either be hot or cold smoked being a significant difference in the temperature of the smoking chamber where the salmon is smoked after being through the curing process.
Smoked salmon is prized for its salty, woody flavor and is always considered a delicacy.
Smoked salmon is:
- One of the best sources of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Very rich in high-quality protein.
- An excellent source of B vitamins, especially B3, B6, and B12.
- A good source of Potassium and loaded with Selenium.
Vima Smoked Salmon is sourced from Norway, considered by many as the most pristine Salmon habitat in the world.
Vima Smoked Salmon distinguished by its peachy-pink color and is leaner as it has lower fat content and an intense aroma.
The texture is silky smooth and a subtly salty flavor. It is presented in loins or pre-sliced fillets. A true seafood delicacy can be enjoyed on a regular basis.
- 3.5 OZ./100g
- 35.2 OZ (2.2 LB) 1Kg
Turbot (Scophthalmus Maximus) is a flatfish found in waters throughout the North Atlantic. Turbot is also farmed primarily in Europe. A highly prized bright white-fleshed fish with a delicate and mild flavor and a firm meat texture with scaleless skin with a high nutritional value.
It stands out for having the following qualities:
- Rich in vitamin A, B12, B3, and B6.
- Low content of saturated fat and high content of omega-3 fatty acids.
- High in protein, phosphorus, calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, selenium, iodine, and sodium.
- It lowers cholesterol in the blood.
An elegant fish with excellent quality, delicious and nutritional, makes it one of the sea’s noblest fish.
Vima Turbot is a white-fleshed fish with an elegant and mild flavor that lives in the sandy bottoms of the North Atlantic and the Mediterranean Sea. With firm, delicate meat, and rich nutritional heritage, this product makes it a highly versatile product.
Vima Turbot is presented in vacuum-sealed packaging, to preserve its quality and all its excellent properties.
- Whole, IVP, bulk pack, 10kg approx. carton
- Whole, IWP, bulk pack, 13kg approx. carton