Lobster (Spiny Lobster)
The Spiny Lobster (Panulirus argus) is found throughout the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico and south to Brazil.
Lobsters make their homes in crevices in coral reefs. Nocturnal as they feed at night and return to their crevice before sunrise.
They vary in color from almost white to dark red-orange. Spiny lobsters have a soft texture and a very delicate flavor. Lobster meat is hugely prized as the meat is delicious.
- A rich source of copper and Selenium.
- Rich in Vitamin B12 and Vitamin E.
- A source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Vima presents its Spiny Lobster whole and also in Lobster tails, which are typically graded in ounces from 5oz to a maximum of 20oz.
Lobster is a type of shellfish that is typically prepared by boiling or steaming. Enjoyed as a main course or added to your favorite pasta dish or sandwich.
Whole lobster from 350g to 1200g
- Individual packaging, box 10kg/221b
Lobster Tail from 5 OZ
- Individual packaging, box 4.53kg
The Scallop is a bivalve mollusk. Dredges catch them on the offshore banks.
The meat of a scallop is nearly translucent, with a creamy look. Sometimes pink and brown spots accent the meat. It is sweet, ranging from mild to salty with a near-firm texture. Scallops are very delicate and require very little cooking.
- A low presence of calories as well as fat.
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
- An abundance of calcium and Vitamin B12 along with iron, manganese, and zinc.
Vima offers Scallops in different formats and forms. Whole, half-shell, and meat.
Scallops are a real delicacy, and you can enjoy them as sashimi, sushi, and even grilled, or sautéed.
- Bulk Pack, 10kg carton
- IVP, 50units, size approx. 120g, 6kg carton
Meat (roe on)
- 1kg bag, 10kg carton
- Bulk pack, 10kg carton
Meat (roe off)
- 250g bag, 10kg carton
Black Tiger Shrimp
(Penaeus monodon) is commonly referred to as Black Tiger Shrimp. The Black Tiger Shrimp’s natural range is vast, from the east coast of Africa, throughout the Indian Ocean, and in South Asia.
Black Tiger Shrimp are named for their large size and striped tails and can reach a length of over a foot in some cases.
Black Tiger Shrimp has a crisp bite or snap and a delightful shrimp taste. Shrimp can be seasoned and used in an infinite variety of preparations.
Black Tiger Shrimp are:
- An excellent source of minerals such as Selenium and Copper.
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
- A great source of Vitamin B12, B3 and vitamin E
Vima Black Tiger Shrimp are presented Head-on, Shell-on, and sizes can range from 2 to 4 shrimps per kilo, 4-6, 6-8, and 8-12.
Black Tiger Shrimp can be boiled, sautéed, and are great on the grill.
- HOSO, 1kg carton, 10kg box
Salmon is a bluefish, hatching in rivers and move out to sea as they grow and mature after which the adult fish move upstream again to spawn.
Mainly fished in the cold waters of the northern hemisphere, and is noticeably developed in captivity in open waters.
Norway and Chile are the main developers, their cold and clean waters find unbeatable conditions for their development.
Salmon is also very versatile. Pink colored, compact, juicy, very tasty, and aromatic.
Salmon is one of the most nutritious foods:
- High content in proteins and Omega-3 fatty acids, which help lower cholesterol and triglyceride level in our organism.
- Rich in Vitamins A, D, B12, and riboflavin and antioxidants, which may reduce the risk of heart disease.
Atlantic Salmon is the only salmon species whose natural home is in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean, as all other natural salmon species are native to the Pacific Ocean.
The main species we work with at Vima due to their high quality and flavor are:
- Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) mainly from Norway and Chile, presented in fillets, skin-on, and vacuum-packed.
- Chum salmon (Oncorhynchus keta) from the cold and wild waters of Alaska, which has a compact meat and intense flavor, presented in fillets, skin-on, and vacuum-packed.
Both are very versatile and support many and varied presentations. We carry the Atlantic Salmon whole, fillets, steaks, loins, and portions.
Chilean Atlantic Salmon
- Fillets, skin-on, IVP, trim D, 10 kg/22lb approx. box
- Portions, skin-on, IVP, 32 OZ/2lb bag, 10kg/22lb box
- Whole, gutted, IQF, bulk pack, 30kg/66lb approx. box
Norwegian Atlantic Salmon
- Fillets, skin-on, IVP, trim C, Bulk pack, 12kg/26lb approx. box
- Loins, skin-on, Pack 2x150g, 9kg/19lb approx. box
- Whole, gutted, IQF, bulk pack
- Fillets, skin-on, IVP, trim D, 10kg/22lb approx. box
- Steaks, 2.2lb bag, 22lb/10kg box
- Steaks, bulk pack
Whole, head-off, IQF, bulk pack
Octopus is a cephalopod with eight arms, not tentacles, lined with suction cups. They have almost entirely soft bodies with no internal skeleton. They are found in tropical, subtropical, and temperate waters around the world.
Highly intelligent, sharp eyesight, an outstanding sense of touch, and have built-in defense mechanisms.
Nutritionally is a complete food, highlighting:
- High mineral content, standing out zinc.
- High protein intake.
- Vitamins A, E, C, B1, B2, B3, B5.
- Low cholesterol content.
Typical in Mediterranean cuisines. Vima Octopus is presented in many forms, to satisfy every customer need as the octopus is versatile.
Octopus can be tough and is best tenderized by boiling in water before preparation.
Precious seafood in many parts of the world. It can be eaten raw, cooked, dried, or smoked.
- Tray 1200-2000g, boxes 17kg / 37lb approx.
Cooked Octopus Tentacle
- Tray 10.05 OZ / 300g, box 10kg / 22lb
European lobster, (Homarus Gammarus), is found in the Eastern North Atlantic from Norway south to Portugal. They live in crevices in the rocks as its habitat for shelter.
- Contain Omega-3 fatty acids.
- A great source of Selenium, copper and contains zinc and phosphorus.
- High in vitamin B-12 and vitamin E.
Lobsters are now seen as a delicacy. Typically prepared by boiling or steaming. Should include this lean, delicious seafood in your diet.
Vima European Lobster is presented both cooked or raw. It can be eaten as a main course as your main protein source or added to rich dishes like pasta and in rice dishes.
- Size 1,5/UP, 10kg approx. box