Showing 13–21 of 21 results
Oysters are bivalve mollusk in the family Ostreidae, and there are some 200 species worldwide. They are filter feeders that absorb their food by pumping water through their systems and extracting the small organisms they need.
Oysters have a sweet and mild flavor; they should be plump, have a good color and smell of the sea.
- Low in calories.
- Rich in iron and vitamin A, B, and E.
- Have a decent amount of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Vima presents the Pacific Oyster (Crassostrea Gigas), a product from France whole with both shells on. It has thrived almost everywhere in the world wherever it was introduced, thus making the name somewhat confusing.
They are harvested year-round. Grown on managed sea beds and collected in traditional ways using small boats, tongs, and small dredges. It is the most widely farmed oyster in the world.
Typically eaten raw, oysters can be prepared in many ways, including baked, broiled, boiled, fried, grilled, roasted, smoked, and steamed. They require very little cooking and are a real delicacy.
- IQF, bulk pack, 10kg box
The Queen Scallop (Aequipecten opercularis), is a bivalve mollusk. Native to the northeastern Atlantic Ocean. Small in size with a very thin and brittle shell.
They can be found on beds of sand and gravel. The edible part of the Quen Scallop is the white muscle that opens and closes the two shells. The reproductive glands are known as “coral” are also edible, although not widely consumed in the U.S.
- An excellent source of vitamin B12.
- A good source of minerals, such as magnesium and potassium.
- Contain omega-3 fatty acids.
Vima presents Queen Scallops in many different presentations to suit all customer needs.
It’s essential not to overcook Queen Scallops as too much heat will become tough and fibrous.
- 1/2 shell. Bags of 6 units.
White shrimp, as it is most commonly known, or (Litopenaeus vannamei) is the most successful aquaculture shrimp of all farm-raised shrimp. In 1996, commercial production began in Asia, and especially in China and India.
The U.S. is the largest consuming market, followed by Japan and Europe.
Raw shrimp present a variety of colors but turn a familiar and pleasing orange/red when cooked.
Raw shrimp has virtually no saturated fat and therefore has cholesterol, which is hard to absorb.
- Low in calories.
- Offer a beneficial dose of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Excellent source of protein.
- Rich in vitamin b-12 and niacin, iron, zinc, and copper.
Vima Raw Shrimp is packed and processed in a variety of different forms:
- Raw Shrimp PD (Peeled and deveined), and TAIL ON. Shrimp count sizes per pound (the smaller the count size, the larger the shrimp): 16/20, 21/25, 26/30.
- HLSO. Headless shrimp, which is presented headless, shell-on shrimp. Shrimp count sizes per pound (the smaller the count size, the larger the shrimp):16/20, 21/25, 26/30.
Quality shrimp should have a bite or snap and a pleasant shrimp taste. Shrimps can be seasoned and used in an infinite variety of preparations.
PD TAIL ON
- 32 OZ./2lb/907gr bag, 20lb/9.1kg carton
- 2lb/907gr bag, 20lb/9.1kg carton
- 1lb/453gr bag, 20lb/9.1kg carton
- 1kg/2.2lb bag, 10kg/22lb carton
(Ensis Directus), better known as Razor Clam or Atlantic Razor Clam, is characterized by an elongated, razor-shaped, brownish shell. A hinge attaches the two valves in the anterior end.
The shell is slightly curved. They live in muddy or sandy sands in fairly shallow water. The size varies with age, reaching an average size of 12 cm when reaching the age of 4 years.
They are a very valued mollusk both for their taste and nutritional values:
- They are high in protein and vitamin B12 and B1.
- They are a high source of calcium, iron ore, and phosphorous.
- Contain Omega-3 fatty acids.
Vima Razor Clams come from the Netherlands and are presented raw and in a neat tray.
Whether steamed, fried, or grilled, Razor Clams are delicious and very nutritious seafood.
The classic method for cooking Razor Clams is by steaming them as it brings out their sweet, delicate meat. On the grill is another perfect option. Don´t overcook them as the texture becomes rubbery.
- IQF, 1kg tray
The Scallop is a bivalve mollusk. Dredges catch them on the offshore banks.
The meat of a scallop is nearly translucent, with a creamy look. Sometimes pink and brown spots accent the meat. It is sweet, ranging from mild to salty with a near-firm texture. Scallops are very delicate and require very little cooking.
- A low presence of calories as well as fat.
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
- An abundance of calcium and Vitamin B12 along with iron, manganese, and zinc.
Vima offers Scallops in different formats and forms. Whole, half-shell, and meat.
Scallops are a real delicacy, and you can enjoy them as sashimi, sushi, and even grilled, or sautéed.
- Bulk Pack, 10kg carton
- IVP, 50units, size approx. 120g, 6kg carton
Meat (roe on)
- 1kg bag, 10kg carton
- Bulk pack, 10kg carton
Meat (roe off)
- 250g bag, 10kg carton
Scampi, Nephrops norvegicus, is a very popular European Lobster that is fished seasonally in spring and summer from Iceland to Western Norway and in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Low in calories yet rich in nutrients.
- Good source of minerals such as Iron, Selenium, and Phosphorous.
- A good source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Vima presents Scampi frozen and packed in a plastic tray. Scampi are deepwater crustaceans inhabiting burrows on the continental shelf and are truly a delicious delicacy with succulent white flesh and a very sweet juicy taste.
- Pack 6X800 g, box 4.8kg
- Tray 4×1.5kg, box 6kg
North Atlantic Snow Crab (Portunus trituberculatus) is indigenous to both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. It is characterized by its rough shell and can reach 15 centimeters wide and 7 cm from front to back.
Eating a portion of this nutritious crustacean has incredible health benefits:
- A great source of protein.
- Contains Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Particularly rich in selenium and Vitamin B2
Vima presents the Snow Crab frozen in halves of cleaned crab.
They are considered among the most delicious part of the crab. You can enjoy it steamed, grilled, or boiled.
A true delicacy and a must-try for all seafood lovers.
- 500gr bag
The Velvet crab, Necora puber, a crustacean, is a species of crab native to the Atlantic Ocean. Lives near the shoreline in crevices in rocks.
With most seafood, the nutritional benefits are great, and with Velvet crab is no exception.
- Lean, protein-rich food.
- Good source of minerals like magnesium and selenium.
- Good source of vitamins B and E.
Vima Velvet crabs are presented cooked ranging in sizes from 4/8 and 8/12.
Velvet crab meat has a sweet taste, a satisfying density, and lovely white meat.
A true delicacy and a must-try for all seafood lovers.
- 1kg tray
- Bulk 2kg box
White Hard Clams
The White Hard Clam (Meretrix lyrata) is an edible saltwater clam. A marine bivalve mollusk. They grow naturally and develop well on the sand around the coastline of Vietnam in the Pacific Ocean.
When cooked, they have a soft and juicy texture and a unique flavor. They should be cooked very briefly to avoid them becoming chewy or rubbery in texture.
They are best eaten boiled, steamed, or roasted and can be served alone or in any pasta dish.
Clams are very nutritious food with plenty of health benefits such as:
- They are a lean source of protein.
- Rich in minerals and vitamins.
- A great source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
White Hard Clams have become very popular throughout Asia, Europe, and the US due to its tasty meat and lovely white shell color.
Vima presents their White Hard Clams fully cooked whole in the shell that can be quickly heated for immediate enjoyment.
We offer various sizes: 17/20, 22/28, and 28/38 pieces per pound to suit every customer.
White Hard Clams are very delicate in texture and taste, and they are an excellent option for any meal.
- IVP, 16 OZ/1lb/454gr bag
- IVP, 1kg bag